another step

A fair bit of time has passed since my last post. It seems that about the time I last posted we were just recovering from an extended bout of the kids being sick. Then they were well enough to get a chance to go visit their grandmother for a week. Nicole and I had a great week “off” from the kids, but neither of us made much progress on the things we intended to get to! She actually started to not feel well, and by the weekend, was sick and I had to attend to her. So she didn’t get much sewing done, and I didn’t get much to my schooling. The following week we had the girls back as well as Nicole’s oldest sister Sarah. She came to help Nicole sew, take some of the load off as far as house work, meals and kids! But alas that meant she was in the guest room (which is also my office). So another week of no school. 😦

Things are back to “normal” this week. We met up with Sarah’s family in Buffalo, TX, which is about half way for each of us (maybe a little further for them). We had a great visit with them all at the Sonic there in Buffalo. We kind of took over the place! Like I said, we are now back to more of a normal routine. I’ve decided that I am usually not good for much in the evenings after work. I’ve been working a little overtime the last couple of weeks to try and keep up with all that I have to do. Its not working. I feel myself getting further behind. Summer time is obviously a busy time for a “summer” camp! So anyway, the evenings. Yes, that is where I was going. I’d come home from work, did I mention how busy its been? Well, I just wouldn’t have much gas left in my tank and would find myself falling asleep at the computer! So, my new plan is to be very purposful about my bed time in the evening. (No staying up to 3 or 4 in the morning! 🙂 , which I wasn’t really doing, but it sounds good doesn’t it?) Anyway, no staying up late, and I am going to try to get up a little earlier in the morning and get an hour of school in before the rest of the world wakes up. It worked great this morning, except for the fact I didn’t want to stop after just an hour! So, my typical schedule is going to be something like this during the week. Up at 5 am. School till 6. Make lunch, shower, get ready for work, head out the door between 7 and 7:30. Work till 5:30 at Pine Cove. Come home: dinner, kids, wife, any church or CEF work, and to bed at 10:00 pm! I plan to only do school three mornings a week for now, and see how it goes. I’ve really felt the pull to get to my courses the last several weeks, and its been frustrating not being able to!

That’s all for now. Back to the PC grind!


~ by Elliott Strom on June 15, 2009.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: